Round two. I got some feedback from some of you that you liked my post, “it hit home”, “this was exactly what I needed to hear”, “you’re so right”, etc. So, I thought I’d talk about it more today.
Desire. What is it? It’s a longing for something, a strong feeling of wanting something. We all have a desire for something… usually something greater than our current possession, circumstance, career, relationship. Essentially, you feel you deserve better or get a sense that you are made for something bigger or better. Guess what, you are right! Trust your intuition. You’re deserve everything you desire. But are you willing to do what it takes to have it? Are you ready to take action to get there?
Let’s address the steps it takes to get there.
- Narrow it down. You can only address and focus on one thing at a time. Figure out what it is you want and ask yourself why you want it. When you get it, how will life be different for you?
- Hold that vision. Do what you need to do to make sure you are reminded of that vision. Put a post it note on your mirror, hang a picture of it… you get the picture. This keeps your priorities on track. Before taking action on any task, ask yourself, “is this going to contribute to the end result I am aiming for?” Ultimately, you want it to result in exactly what you envision. Nothing less. No substitutions.
- What is true for you now? Assess what you have here and now that will allow you to immediately begin turning your vision into a reality. What resources do you currently have? (Resources = time, money, equipment, knowledge, people, etc.) How can you reallocate or make better use of those resources?
- Which resources do you lack? Set a goal: Create a plan of action to acquire those resources, by priority, in a timeframe that’s comfortable for you.
- Are you in the right mind set? Do you have faith in yourself that you can make it happen? If you don’t, then you will fail. Don’t give in to limiting beliefs.
- What are you tolerating right now? Shed some of that dead weight. Is it limiting beliefs? Is it settling for less and feeling like it’s going to have to do? Are you making excuses? Is someone else giving you excuses? Do you have the drive and dedication that it will take to manifest your vision?
- And finally… GO FOR IT. If you want anything bad enough, you have the ability to make it happen.
I could ramble a ton of cliches at you… Put the petal to the metal. Step on it. Carpe diem. Nike!
You get the picture. No more excuses.
I’d love to hear more from you! What is your vision? What are you tolerating?