Nothing stops you. You’re on a mission, a mission for change or advancement, or maybe it’s realignment with your dreams and desires. Nothing is going to stop you… If you can just figure out where to start.
Paralysis is a challenge we all face. We have a vision but we struggle to execute it. I’ve been there and it can be a long process, so let me offer a quick guide that I developed a few years ago.This guide has helped me quickly identify what I want, why I want it, and how to get there.
Dive into the meat of your desires and chart your course of action by answering these ten questions. When you answer these questions, remember to dig deep.
- What do you want? (The feeling you’re seeking: To feel love; to be happy; feeling of fulfillment)
- What does it look like? (How it translates into action: A new job; break up with that lousy partner; moving to a new community)
- Why do you want it? (What will it accomplish; how will it move you closer to achieving your desire? What will it mean for you?)
- How will you feel when you get it? (Accomplished, relief, free, happy)
- What’s holding you back? (These are typically emotional or resource-based: Money, time, support, fears, limiting beliefs)
- What are you tolerating? (List them all!! Is it someone, something, maybe even yourself?)
- What can you control? (Internal vs external – list only what you can control because these are the only areas you can effectuate change)
- What needs to change? (Identify what HAS to change to move forward, both short term and long term)
- What changes are you willing to make right now? (Incrementalism is key, so start with the easy stuff and work through the rest.)
- Who can you enlist for support? (Find at least one person who believes in you and your vision. Ask him/her to hold you accountable.)
The final step is take action.
Don’t be a dud in a sky of fireworks.